Friday, April 7, 2017

BRIDESMAID GIFT

For my first blog post, I thought I'd share how I created inexpensive gift boxes to ask my sisters to be my bridesmaids. (Like I really had to ask, haha)



I made my boxes for around ten dollars each because I already had a few of the items from other projects, but they can easily be made for under $15.



The cigar boxes are from a local antique store, but I've seen them online as well. I tried to find boxes that had a romantic theme.


The rose petal soaps are my favorite item from the boxes. They just look so beautiful and mesh well with the colors of the cigar boxes. I found mine at a Tuesday Morning store for $6.99, but you can also get them here at World Market.


The test tubes, tins, and jars for the bath salts are from Michael's. I also found the gold letter magnets there which really helped to personalize the boxes.

I wanted to add something sweet to the boxes as well that would still be pretty. I went with the Lindt chocolates because my sisters are very vocal about their chocolate preferences, must be a family trait...but Ferrero Rocher or macaroons would be good alternatives.



This pink candle from my older sister's box is also from the dollar store. We clearly have a special connection...haha. I printed the saying from a Word document and hot glued it to the candle. If you find it to be offensive, you can leave the candle as is, or write a personalized message to your bridesmaid.


Given the fact that 3 of my bridesmaids are underage, I decided to opt for mini sparkling cider bottles from the Dollar Store instead of champagne. I attached a straw from the Target dollar section with a ribbon.

I had to do a bit of searching online to find reasonably priced nail polish. I found that it was much more cost-effective to buy a set of minis instead of individual bottles. It took a little time to find a set that had a color I thought each of them would like, but I ended up finding an unopened set on Ebay.




I was originally going to use shredded paper filler to cover the bottom of the cigar boxes and nestle the items into it, but one of the cigar boxes I found at the antique store was already lined in felt and I loved the way it looked so I decided to do that for the others. I hot glued felt colors that would complement the colors of the cigar boxes and the other items.

I also added a thin piece of paper that I rolled into a scroll with a personalized note asking each of them to be my bridesmaid. (Spoiler: They said yes)





These are the free items I had around the house that I added:

Feather
Geode
Epsom salts
Straws-dollar section at Target
Black and White photo 
Ribbon

And, here are some other items that would be cute additions!

Vintage Handkerchief
Body Scrubs
Lip Balms
Mini Wine/Champagne bottle
Small Candle-dollar store
Macaroons
Keihl’s lotion

I hope this gives you some inspiration for your own bridesmaid gifts, or gift boxes for any occasion!
Be First to Post Comment !
Post a Comment