Monday, April 17, 2017

ENTRYWAY UPDATE



One of the things that I wasn't crazy about when we bought this house was the lack of an entryway. I don't need a grand foyer by any means, but stepping directly onto carpet from the outside just felt weird. 


(We hardly had the keys to the house for five minutes before I tore the valences down)🙈


It made a huge difference in the house when we replaced the old carpeting with a wood laminate. At first I wasn't sure about the idea of laminate floors because I was afraid they would look shiny or cheap, but they have been awesome! We went with a more distressed, rustic finish which really helps to make them look more like wood floors. The best part is that they are super durable. There isn't a single scratch from our German Shepherd skidding across them everyday!

I also added an entry table to help delineate the space and make it feel more like an entryway with a place for guests to leave their keys or shoes.



This mirror is a Restoration Hardware hack. I saw this mirror online, but there was no way I was going to spend $800 on it! I found a similar mirror at Kirkland's for $30. It's sold out now, but it may come back in stock. The main difference from the RH mirror is that this one doesn't come with a decorative hook. I made my own by painting an old cabinet knob from our kitchen with a hammered bronze spray paint. Then I glued the knob to a nail and lightly tapped it into the wall with a rubber mallet so I wouldn't scratch the paint.

(There's also this mirror at Wayfair for $65 if the one at Kirkland's doesn't get restocked)

I ordered this vase from World Market. I'm going to try to plant something in it soon, but I don't have the best track record with keeping plants alive, so we'll see how that goes…haha






Be First to Post Comment !
Post a Comment